Monday, June 7, 2010

The Bennett Spectacular

This past week or so, a very large portion of Theo's immediate family was in town on vacation. It was nice to see them all, but kinda exhausting for someone who grew up with an immediate family that ranged from 3 (including me) to 5 (when the grandparents were in town). Most activities this week counted almost 20 in attendance. Thankfully, mostly we just hung out at the family's resort, which was really nice... it had beautiful pools and spas and all their units were bigger than our apartment. We also got some down time when the family went to the local theme parks - we're too old and broke for that...


The highlights of the visit were definitely the night we went to a yummy Italian restaurant and the night we went to the tourist attraction "The Outback Spectacular". It had all the requisite cheesiness you'd expect from a dinner show (I assume, since I've never been to one before). Of course, there was live country music, outback homesteads, cowboys on horses, and lots of Australian flags flying. I actually learned some interesting history, though, about one the last cavalry campaigns made up of Australian Outback soldiers and their horses.

I'm sure someday, maybe even someday real soon, I'm going to regret posting this, but here's a photo of us Bennetts in the cowboy hats issued to us at the show. I don't think I'm much of a cowgirl. Somehow I made it 32 years in the US without wearing a cowboy hat and now I've been in Australia for 6 months and look at me!!??


3 comments: