Monday, October 25, 2010

The Magpie Solution

Today was the day to try my new zip ties. I half-heartedly zipped up two of them on my bike helmet like dorky antennae. I was pretty ambivalent about the experiment until I mounted my trusty bike and started on my route. As I biked along, something came over me and I realized the excitement of what was about to happen. I was soon to be victorious against my daily attacker(s) like a mini 'woman versus wild' episode. I felt kind of like a soldier going in to a easily winnable war, and instead of antennae I was wearing feather-plumed battle regalia. (yes, i'm melodramatic)




I approached the corner where my normal attacker lives and easily glided through his territory, with not even a glimpse of him or his nasty shadow. I couldn't believe it! He must have seen me from his nest or close to it, saw my triumphant plumage, and refused to fight! I was absolutely ecstatic, to say the least. :) I am proud to say, my eyes will remain safely in their sockets.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Great to see a photo of the new prop, too.

    Speaking of dressing up, is Halloween big in Australia? Any signs of an upcoming madness like here in the USA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you will keep your beautiful brown eyes... Keep us informed about any further attacks... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this a general defense against stalkers?

    ReplyDelete