Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So, how's the weather??

So a lot of people are curious - what's the weather like? Well, I was very excited about arriving here for summer in Aussie. We had a little rain when we first arrived, but now it's been pretty normal. Highs in the 80s and lows in the 70s. Perfect for me and my sun-loving self. Although it can seem like it's a lot hotter than 80 when one strays too far from the beach. We are lucky to have a 2nd floor apartment, only a block from the beach, which gives us a nice constant breeze. A lot of people here either don't have air conditioning in their residences, or have a small A/C unit that only gets used when absolutely necessary. I love the warmth, so I'm not missing A/C much. You can really tell the difference when the breeze stops though. A few nights were so hot it was hard to sleep, and apparently it will get hotter in February, so I'll let you know if I melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment