Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Driver's Licensing

Theo and I had been needing to get some errands done, so we thought we’d rent a car for a few days and get them all done… which we do every now and then. It sure beats taking the bus everywhere, which can be time consuming and very inconvenient sometimes. Owning a car is so expensive here, I’m sure we’re saving money by doing it this way.

So the main thing I wanted to do was get a drivers license, even though I never drive. Many, probably all, of the jobs I’ve been applying for require a driver’s license, so I want to be a step ahead. And, I’ll likely to be driving to this future job as well.

I looked up the requirements for a Queensland license online. If you live in one of the specified countries, you are not required to take a written or driving test. Woohoo! I scored big on that one, since the only time I’ve tried driving on the wrong… I mean, left side of the road was in New Zealand 4 years ago. I did just fine on the beautiful, curvy country roads, but as soon as I got to a town, or a roundabout (god forbid!) I would panic. I seized up when it was time to make a turn. My brain just wouldn’t allow me to break the driving rules ingrained in my mind. They are hard to change for a reason. Normally, following these rules keeps me alive. And I’ve been in many car accidents, most of which didn’t even require breaking any of the standard rules to nearly kill me. So in NZ, I would just pull over to the side and let Theo drive in the cities. So that’s the extent of my left-side-of-the-road driving skills, yet… I was issued an Australian driver’s license. So I’m giving all you Queensland drivers fair warning!

It was so easy, too. I just needed my old Kansas license, passport, proof of residence and two other forms of ID, which I used a debit card and credit card to satisfy. I filled out a form… paid a fee… and took a picture. I was done is less than a half hour! I can drive now… or so my license says.

Here it is – with the details blurred so you don’t steal my identity:



Disappointing, I know. It looks like a high school kid made it. Actually, I think I’ve seen fake IDs by high school students that looked more professional than this! My face is off center. The sepia tone of the photo looks like it was taken in the ‘70s. And it’s quite flimsy.

Nerd note:
To be nit-picky about language again, I’m confused about the spelling of the word license. It took me forever to remember how to spell it in the US, but after I realized the “C comes before S in the alphabet trick” it stuck. Here, it’s spelled ‘licence’ with two C’s, which you think would make it easier to remember, but then other forms of the word replaces the 2nd C with an S, such as ‘licensing,’ or ‘licensee’ (as on the ‘licence’ itself). Not being consistent might be more confusing. Weird.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Very easy to get a licence. :) I can relate to the driving on the "wrong"/left side. When we were in Ireland for 9 days, we had rented a car. Chuck drove for the first 4 days until I got brave. It was so weird at first - and to make matters worse, I got pulled over by the Garda on a roundabout! (They were looking for someone in a car matching ours). When we got back to the States, I really had to think about which side of the road I was supposed to be driving on. Very discombobulating!

    Enjoy your new licence and good luck with the job search. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me. Real drivers license for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. We offer only original high-quality fake passports, driver’s licenses, ID cards, stamps and other products for a number of countries like: USA, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italia, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom. This list is not full.

    feel free to contact via email

    globaldocumentsconsultancy@gmail.com
    http://globaldocumentsconsultancy.com/
    info@globaldocumentsconsultancy.com

    Keywords:
    #Global_Documents_Consultancy,
    #buy_real_and_fake_passports
    #Get_real_and_fake_IDs_and_driving_licence
    #need_real_IELTS_certificate_without_exam
    buy fake us passport online
    buy passport online
    buy documents online
    fake passports that work
    buy real passport online

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need a driver's license? do you need a second passport? do you need an ID?

    visit https://prolinedocs.com

    we provide registered passports, ID's & Driver's license for all countries.

    all the documents we process are registered in the specified database so our clients face no problems using our documents anywhere.

    Buy German driver's license online

    buy uk driver's license online

    buy european driver's license online

    buy uk passports online

    buy USA passports online

    buy canadian passports online

    WE PROVIDE WITH ANY DESIRED NATIONALITY

    we provide you 100 percent registered database documents.

    our service is well trusted over the world and have over 600 happy clients

    visit our website https://prolinedocs.com

    contact us via email: prolinedocs@protonmail.com

    contact us via whatsapp: +1(415)-326-4380

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked your Information. Keep up the good work. Cheap fake id online

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice http://fromthelandupover.blogspot.com/2010/04/drivers-licensing.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pupils can take advantage of fake ids to purchase alcohol from the wine shop and also to go to any pub or club without any obstacle. They can also drive a vehicle during the night and can take advantage of the nightlife. By going to this http://www.organesh.com/se/blogs/6610/28218/change-your-fortunes-with-quality-fake-id web site, you can acquire understanding about fake ids sooner.

    ReplyDelete