Monday, April 19, 2010

Get Ready for Gardening! Winter is coming??

I was picking up a few things at Aldi's the other day... Yes, they have Aldi's here. It's almost exactly the same as the US (annoying no-bag policy included) except there are lots of Australian products alongside the imported ones.

We were standing at the checkout and I noticed a display selling seasonal items such as potting soil and potting plants. I know that everything is supposed to be upside down and reversed here, with the current season changing into Winter. It's been getting colder lately and I've actually been using a fleece blanket at night to keep warm. But gardening in the Winter!? Weird! I guess it's too hot in the Summer for many plants, so Winter must be the season to garden. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment