Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gold Coast Night Life

Theo and I haven't properly gone out once since we've gotten here. Mainly because we're "old" but also because we have no money. When we do go out on weekends (at least in KC), it was either a rugby function or salsa dancing. And since my power to persuade my husband to go salsa dancing diminishes over time, and since I have no idea if there's even a salsa club in the Gold Coast, we just don't even try. Maybe someday when I have the energy, and the ability to pretend I fit in with 18 year olds (which is the legal drinking age here), I'll try again. But in the meantime, we'll just live vicariously through others. After reading a wonderfully written account of our houseguest's recent night life experience, I don't feel so bad watching DVDs from the library and eating ice cream on Saturday nights. I think we're actually making the best decision. Give it a read and you'll see what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment