Monday, July 19, 2010

Intermission

That's pretty bad. I disappeared in the middle of a countdown. Sheeesh.

Well, my absence was for a good reason. I accepted the job in Mackay, and since both my new employer and I wanted to start as soon as possible, I've been spending the last 2 weeks frantically searching for a place to live in Mackay and getting paperwork done. It's about an hour north of the Gold Coast/Brisbane by plane, so Theo and I flew up last week to search for an apartment or house. I preferred to get a house, so I can finally get the dog I've been wanting for years, and by a miracle, we found something after two days of searching! I'll update you more on Mackay and the house in future posts. Since I now have a public sector/regulatory job, I won't say much on this blog about the job other than it's a great opportunity, exactly within my field, and exactly along the career goals I had set for myself. So... Yay! Today was my first day on the job, and it was smooth as silk.

The countdown shall resume tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment