Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Miss List #5

#5: Anything Buffalo Flavored

I remember the first time Theo was introduced to buffalo flavor. We went to a pizza place and I was surprised when he ordered the buffalo pizza. I was thinking, YUMMY!! When it arrived to the table, the disappointment on his face was immediate.... I thought I ordered BUFFALO pizza, he said. Of course, after I realized he thought the pizza was going to come with buffalo meat on it, I burst into laughter, as I still do when I think of it today.

Sadly, there are no buffalo pizzas in Oz. I also had a sad incident the first time I had pizza here. I ordered a Meat Lover's pizza, which is what a always order (me being the most contradictory environmentalist I know). I took my first bite and it tasted sweet and awful! I said, Theo, I think there is something wrong with my pizza, try it. He tasted it and said, Oh yeah, that's BBQ sauce. They always put in on all-meat pizzas (instead of tomato sauce). I was sooo disappointed. I didn't even really want to eat anymore, but that's all we had for dinner, so I suffered through it. I definitely learned my lesson, though.

But I digress. I love buffalo flavored things: buffalo chicken wings, buffalo pizza, buffalo chicken wraps, buffalo chicken burgers... My fave burger is at Granite City restaurant/bar. They make the BEST buffalo chicken burger I've ever had, with this creamy bleu cheese sauce, OH YUM! It's definitely on my list of things I have to eat when I come to the States during our next visit!

4 comments:

  1. This, more than anything else on this list, I agree with. My mouth waters just thinking about buffalo wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I like buffalo-flavored things and buffalo meat. We eat buffalo/bison often...it's so good and good for you! Funny about the differences in expectations regarding buffalo pizza and all-meat pizza. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Glad you could relate, conor!

    @ ajia - theo and I love actual buffalo meat as well. So far, I haven't missed it much, since kangaroo is pretty comparable. Although... Theo does have this business theory that if he could start a buffalo ranch in New Zealand, it would go off like wild fire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all things Buffalo and miss them too when I leave the U.S!

    ReplyDelete