Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Miss List #8

#8: Idaho Potatoes

I'm a huge fan of carbohydrates in many forms. Potatoes are one of my absolute favorites and we tend to eat them at least once a day in some form. At first, I didn't notice the absence of Idaho potatoes specifically, until I realized that we never have the option of a baked potato when we go out to eat. The form of potato greatly preferred here is hot chips (i.e. french fries). Fish 'n' Chips might as well be melded into a single word. No complaints really about that, but every once in a while, I could really go for a baked potato, which is my side of choice pretty much 99% of the time. I realized this loss one day when we went to steakhouse in Brisbane and the menu boasted baked "Idaho Potato," so you know what I ordered. But that's the only time I've seen it and the other potatoes they grow here just don't stack up!!! You don't what you miss 'till it's gone...

Correction to Miss List #10
... I mentioned a new candy bar I enjoy here and mistakenly called it Whitman's, when the correct name is Whittaker's. It's a New Zealand chocolate company and it's divine! Here's a photo for reinforcement... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment