Friday, July 23, 2010

Miss List #2

#2: $5 Matinees

What I would give for a Sunday afternoon $5 matinee movie with my little sis! We used to go an average of twice a month, sometimes several times in a row. Those days are loooong gone. I got quite a sticker shock at the movie prices here. They can cost up to $16 to $18 for an adult ticket... no matinee prices. Up to $22 for an extra special 3D theater show. I felt a little guilty for spending that much to see Alice in Wonderland, but I figured I was worth it!


Most theaters might have one night a week, when you can watch movies for $7 - 9, which is in the realistic range, and if you get a loyalty card, they have a movie of the week that's only $9, but it's usually the worst movie on the market at the time. But that's about the only time we go now... which is why we've been taking advantage of the awesome DVD selection at the library for now. You can't beat free!

No comments:

Post a Comment